Sunday, May 22, 2005

iPod Nation

So I am finally a member of the iPod Nation. Well, kind of. I got my wife an iPod Shuffle for Mother's Day and had to help her get started setting it up and downloading songs. The thing is really cool, and I will of course be borrowing it for workouts, etc.

It wasn't the easiest thing in the world to get up and running (otherwise my wife would have done it herself), but it wasn't too difficult. The software and interface are pretty user friendly, and the catalog of music is fairly vast.

I don't think I would have paid the $300+ for the big iPod. It just seemed like overkill for our needs. But at $99, the iPod Shuffle was perfect. I am not usually one of the first consumers to rush out and buy a new product. I generally like to wait to see if the company will tweak the first iterations, or if they will come out with cool, follow-on models like Apple did. I also don't like when there is a technology standards war among competitors. But I don't think iPods will be like Betamax!

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

I hear ya, unknown broker. Feel free to contact me for help with your blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home