Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Crawling Back

The Dow and SPX have inched back into positive territory as of this post. The broker index (XBD) is the only sector with gains on the day, while chip stocks are still off by more than 1.0%.

Other groups are mixed, in terms of winners and losers. The put/call ratio is running at 0.82, and the VXO is slightly higher (12.47). I'd say it's a coin toss in terms of more buying and short covering into the close.

Here is a partial list of stocks moving on above-average volume:
  • High volume advancers: WC, PRAA, GMXR, THE, CRDN, RMD, CASY, FRK, CMCO, GMRK

  • High volume decliners: IPCR, CMX, NTES, BF, CIB, JBL, RGS, BG, CSG, GEHL

GOOG and GS are both hanging in there. I am using these two stocks as my "tells" today to guage the tone of the market. See you after the close.

2 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Do Bloggers And Housewives Have In Common?
What Do Bloggers, The Guard Story And 'Nymphomaniac Housewives' Have In Common? He may not show up on our TV screens every night anymore, but Dan Rather yesterday demonstrated his knack for colorful description ...
Hi, I was just checking out blogs and surfing through some and found you! I like your blog. I will book mark it and come back soon. If you are interested, go see my horse book related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.horse book

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I like your site and have it bookmarked. I am wondering if you can add a list of stocks that undergo sideway movements and about to breakout. Keep up the good work

 

Post a Comment

<< Home