Here are some stocks showing up on my high-volume screen:
- BLK - buyout talk from Merrill
- CMED - high volume break back above 50-day
- BER - high volume break to new highs
- NTE - high volume reversal; EPS related
- QSII - continuation of Friday's gap down
- ASPV - returns from the stratosphere
- AAV - energy related selloff
- KWK - oil leader breaks below 50-day
Market Comments: Energy prices and related stocks are lower across the board this morning, despite the storm in the Northeast as well as Middle East tensions. This selling looks overdone given the current levels of energy prices.
The only minor positives about this selloff are that volume levels are fairly light compared to last week, and that the put/call ratios are spiking higher, as more fear gets built into the market.