Strong Earnings Don't Help The Nazz Much
I would have thought the Nasdaq to be up more this morning, given the strong earnings and reactions from AAPL, EBAY, GILD, etc. But maybe the drop in AMD is weighing on semis enough to put a lid on it.
The dollar is a bit weaker this morning, helping push gold and commodities higher. Oil and gas are also higher, which is helping the energy complex. The brokers are taking a breather, after what has been a parabolic move higher. We were early in nailing that move when most were still skeptical.
In other news and notes:
- AAPL is the king of UPOD (not iPod)
- CTXS plunges after missing earnings
- SNE cuts profit target after massive battery-related losses
- UTX acquires UK-based Page Group
- C misses EPS by 2 cents; stock down
- CHKP beats EPS by 2 cents; stock up nicely
- NOK reports 36% market share
- DGX beats by 5 cents; raises FY06 EPS
- Deutsche raises CME target to $605 (wow)
- LEND lowers guidance; stock down
- BTU reaffirms guidance; stock looks like it has bottomed
- ISIL up after earnings report
- How high will GOOG run into its earnings report?
long AAPL, GILD, GOOG