Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Standout Stocks



My Stock of the Day is Focus Media (FMCN)

The stock is spiking higher today, breaking to new highs on surging volume.

This stock has been the focus of my SOTD in the past, and I admit that I was stopped out of my long position late last year. So today's rally is somewhat bittersweet for me. I am not sure why I never got back into this stock.

The market is closing at its highs for the day, after another late afternoon push. Volume is strong on the Nasdaq, making for a nice accumulation day.

The brokers were strong today (+2.0%), followed by semis (+1.2%) and materials (+1.0%). The biggest laggard today is the industrial sector, which is being hit by earnings reports.

Other stocks making notable, high-volume moves include:


  • LDSH

  • PWR

  • EZPW

  • LTM

  • AMG

  • ATNI

  • BLK

  • CGNX

  • SAP

  • QLGC

  • ROK

  • PTV

  • MWRK

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home