Mutual Fund Monthly
I am pleased with the performance of most of our stable of mutual funds. Here are how some of the top and bottom funds in our universe are faring ytd. For reference, the S&P 500 Index was up +0.18% as of March 31st.
- +9.4% - CGM Focus (CGMFX)
- +6.8% - Rainier Small/Mid Cap (RAISX)
- +5.6% - Meridian Growth (MERDX)
- +4.7% - Artisan International (ARTIX)
- +4.0% - Hodges Fund (HDPMX)
- -0.2%: Sound Shore (SSHFX)
- -0.1%: Calamos Growth & Inc (CVTRX)
- +0.4%: Selected American (SLASX)
- +0.8%: Schwab Hedged Equity (SWHIX)
- +1.1%: Marsico 21st Century (MXXIX)
I am very impressed with the CGM fund. Ken Heebner continues to do an outstanding job. Interestingly, his largest industry weighting as of the last report was in the brokerage group (MER, LEH, etc.).