Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Standout Stocks

My Stock of the Day is Jones Soda (JSDA)

This stock broke out in a big way in March, and went on a huge run. The stock made nearly a parabolic move before reaching what looks like a peak.

In the process, the stock became highly overbought (see RSI above). Today, the stock is beginning to look like it is reversing and moving lower.

I shorted this stock into that peak. Today, I took off half of my short, and will look to take off my remaining position if and when the stock approaches its 20-day average.

Other stocks making notable, high-volume moves include:
  • CLB
  • LHCG
  • FSLR
  • NICE
  • ROCM
  • SHLD
  • VCLK
  • BLL
  • ACH
  • KLAC
  • STX
  • IMCL
  • JTX
  • WDFC
  • TNH
  • USNA
  • HMC
  • VARI
  • JSDA
  • SIMO

short JSDA

3 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Dantes said...

Hey. Nice blog. Check out mine at StreetBlabber.blogspot.com

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ack, Blogger lost my comment. Grrr. Anyway, what I was saying was...I bought Jones Soda after I'd discovered their cream soda when I was living in San Francisco ten years ago. My dad and I bought it when it was about 90 cents, on the Canadian Exchange. I sold it at 4 because I needed the money at the time. When I see that it went to 26, it makes me sick. Ugh. Even worse, my dad sold too, and he didn't need the money. He could've waited it out. I told him they were going to be big.

That's not why I'm here. That's just a sad sad coincidence. I'd like to syndicate your blog. I work for a company that works with LexisNexis, EBSCO, Thomson Financial, etc. Please contact me, as I couldn't find an email address for you. Hey, maybe I could give you a couple of stock tips. ;)

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

I would love to syndicate my blog. Let me know how to contact you.

thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home