Friday, June 01, 2007

Go Cavs! LeBron Soars To New Heights

I got an e-mail from a reader today asking me what kind of Cavs fan I am, and how could I not even comment on their victory? Rest assured, I had every intention to. But I moved offices today, and got so bogged down in getting all my tech stuff set up, that I had little time left for posts.

Suffice it to say, that was one of the best games I have ever seen for the Cavs. And I have been a fan for a long, long time. I haven't been that excited/nervous/riled/exhausted by a Cavs game since Mark Price, Brad Daugherty, Larry Nance, and "Hot Rod" Williams were in the conference finals.
If you didn't see the game, the highlights and box score simply don't do it justice. There were more lead changes in this game than I can count. The shots LeBron took, and made, were simply out of this world. If I was a Detroit fan, I would surely be deflated. But as a Cleveland fan, I have been there so many times I haven't the least bit of sympathy.
LeBron did have a career high 48 points, and 9 rebounds and 7 assists to boot. But what was the most shocking was that he scored 29 of the Cavs' last 30 points! I'm not sure even Michael Jordan ever carried his team that much (and I'm not saying LeBron is Michael, far from it). It was truly a sight to be seen.

Even University of Colorado alum Chauncey Billups acknowledged the effort, saying "He put on an unbelievable display out there. It's probably the best I have seen against us ever in the playoffs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home