Monday, July 23, 2007

Another Update on SIRF



SiRF Tech. (SIRF) got another boost today after TomTom reported strong Q2 results.

TomTom raised its 2007 personal navigation device (PND) unit forecast, implying a positive trend for SIRF. TomTom said the outlook is strong both in Europe as well as the U.S.

I have said that in addition to the PND market, I thought 2007 would be a good year for SIRF as its location-based services (LBS) rolled out at wireless operators. The analyst note out this morning from Jeffries maintains the same thesis.

The analyst has a $34 price target on the stock. I have been looking for a run back to $30, where I would look to take profits on my recently added shares.

Today, the stock got up to $25, and has risen more than +20% from its June bottom. I actually hedge my long position a bit on this morning's strength. I am still holding out for higher prices, but the company reports earnings next Tuesday, and that has been a significant source of volatility in the past.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home