Monday, July 02, 2007

Not Much Of A Bid For Nymex Lately


The euphoria for potential takeover plays can come and go in a heartbeat. That said, I am a little surprised at how weak Nymex (NMX) has been given that so many believe it is "in play".
I would have thought that the stock would have seen more of an underlying bid since spiking higher last month, when the stock hit 145.
But the stock has fallen all the way back to 124, and now looks like it is getting a bit oversold. I think the shares should bounce again soon, and I also think that the stock will eventually get taken out. I am just not sure how soon.
Other stocks making notable, high-volume moves today include:
  • OPTN
  • RRST
  • LPHI
  • RIMM
  • RBN
  • NVEC
  • SSW
  • CAE
  • HCR
  • FMCN
  • POOL
  • LEN
  • OMTR
  • GD
  • KBH
  • TYC

long NMX

1 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Gotham Gastronome said...

I'm a big fan of your website--you educate so many people about finance and that's exactly what I'd like to do with my upcoming book, An American Hedge Fund (10.01.07). I'd love to send you an advance copy for your review.

The hedge fund industry is now a $2 trillion industry and yet, due to industry regulations, the general public knows little about them. This needs to change. I promise this not the typical boring finance book!

My claim to fame is that I turned $12k into $2 million trading waaaaay too many microcap stocks from 1999-2002, created a hedge fund, became the #1 Short Bias Hedge Fund from 2003-2006, starred in the TV documentary Wall Street Warriors (500 airings now!!), and began appearing regularly on CNBC all before the age of 25.

This is no BS "How To" book--its the true story of a hedge fund created from scratch. People need to realize the hedge fund industry is not just about billion dollar blow ups and huge funds created by investment professionals who are already wealthy. My 'Rocky'-like story will surely inspire generations to come to take part in our true national sport, finance.

If you like it, I'd love to get a blurb from you by August 1st that I'll print on the inside or back cover (which should drive a few people to your site) and hopefully you could post a review around press time in October. No pressure either way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home