Saturday, October 27, 2007

Scheduling Conflict

*********************************************

I will be in Las Vegas attending the annual Schwab Impact conference from Monday - Wednesday of this week.

My schedule is pretty jam packed, so I would anticipate my blogging activities to be light at best.

The market finished on a high note Friday, even though volume didn't rise from Thursday's levels, so hopefully the first half of the week will be somewhat quiet as the market digests the gains.

Moreover, the Fed meets on Wednesday with its interest rate decision. So Monday and Tuesday should be relatively light volume days ahead of that big announcement. I was surprised last time by the 50 basis point cut. So I would have to put the odds at 50/50 that they surprise the market again.

********************************************

1 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Mike G said...

It seems as if everyone has this Fed cut priced into their thought process; I hope it does happen, and the markets are not disappointed. While I have some puts, I'm overweight calls.

It's almost like an earnings report on the markets, with the accompanying issue of what exactly the initial irrational response will be...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home