Thursday, March 02, 2006

Market Wrap

I apologize for the lack of posts today. My day was full of meetings today. Sometimes my day job occupies all of my time.

Anyway, today was a pretty benign day following yesterday's big spike. The markets were down early in the morning, but recouped most of their losses by the close. And GOOG, somewhat of a bellweather, had a big day today coinciding with its analyst day.

Retail sales were a mixed back. ANF and CHS were hit the hardest, while KSS was up. Here is how some of the company's same-store sales fared in February:
  • CHS: +5.7% (vs. +8.7% consensus)
  • ANF: +5.0% (vs. +13.6%)
  • SHRP: -31% (vs. -8.3%)
  • WAG: +5.7% (vs +5.9%)
  • GPS: -11% (vs. -6.9%)
  • WMT: +3.2% (vs. +3.1%)
  • JWN: +4.9% (vs. +3.5%)
  • KSS: +3.4% (vs. +1.4%)
  • TGT: +3.6% (vs. +3.2%)
  • CTRN: +11.7% (no consensus)
  • ZUMZ: +28.0% (no consensus)

long GOOG, KSS, WAG

2 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger SpikeTrader said...

hi, j, do u have the numbers for dbrn? any comments are good. thx

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

Hey Spike.
I show DBRN coming in at +5.0% vs. +4.0% consensus. Total sales rose +9.0%. I don't follow that stock, so that's about all I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home