Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Quick Sentiment Check

The sentiment indicators are mixed so far.

  • The NYSE ARMs Index is running low at 0.96 (neutral)
  • The ISE Sentiment Index is at 204 (showing bullishness)
  • The CBOE put/call is at 1.01 (showing bearishness)
  • The volatility indexes (VXO/VXN) are both higher

While the high put/call ratio might help support the market from plunging further, it is unlikely that the market is going to make much headway with bond yields spiking. The 10-year is now up 10 basis points to 5.08%, providing a stiff headwind.

And to the fellow who e-mailed me earlier, I sure am glad I didn't short NTRI into earnings! The company trounced estimates and the stock is up 32%. Wow.

1 Comments:

At 7:38 AM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

Congrats on the NTRI.

I usually don't play the single digit stocks much. Too much volatility for my tastes. But keep me posted. Do you work in the healthcare industry?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home