Friday, June 30, 2006

Breakout Stocks

As opposed to a couple of days ago, my high-volume screen is all gainers today. Here is a list of some of the stocks that showed high-volume breakouts, and look good for continued strength:
  • IBCA
  • CLDN
  • ODFL
  • RSTI
  • WEBX
  • MROI
  • VIVO
  • SWFT
  • FORM
  • LVS
  • VOL
  • UCO

I anticipate that if the market stays strong, we will see more stocks breaking out over the next couple of weeks. But this is a nice start as we continue to build our watchlists.

4 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger Grant said...

Jordan,
If you don't mind me asking, what tools do you use to screen your stocks?

-Grant

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

I don't mind at all. I use a number of things, including: Bloomber, Baseline, Reuters, Daily Graphs, some of the online screeners.

But usually when I am talking about my high-volume screens, they are from IBD's Daily Graphs.

does that help?

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger AJ said...

Hi Jordan,
Wonderful picks on this post. All of them did well, most of them up more than 3%.
Was wondering what criteria you're using for this list. Seems to me that they're close to their 52 week highs, on increasing (or high) volume? Is there any other criteria that you use? Thanks for sharing.
AJ.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

A.J.-
this particular screen was stocks with high relative strength (i.e - those that had held up well during the correction) that were breaking out on high volume.

Usually comes up with some stocks that lead the new rally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home