Friday, November 17, 2006

Standout Stocks



My Stock of the Day is Focus Media (FMCN).

If you look thru my archives, you can see I have owned shares and commented on this stock before. I was shaken out of my most recent position after my stop-loss was hit during the last correction.

Today, the stock is spiking higher on strong volume, ahead of its earnings report on Monday. I have no idea how the stock will react to that report, but the company is growing very fast and still has the 2008 Olympics in Beijing ahead of it. My guess is it still has more upside.

Here is a list of other notable stocks making moves on above-average volume:

  • NMX
  • CTRN
  • CHDX
  • ICE
  • GMKT
  • X
  • ISE
  • CHAP
  • RAVN
  • URGI
  • PPG
  • INTU
  • SBUX

long ISE;
Note: I took profits on GMKT today due to the strong spike higher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home