Tsunami In Japan? Or Is It In Google?
The market is getting a bounce in early trading, continuing the strength we saw into yesterday's close. Oil is trading slightly higher, and bond yields are also up a bit, with the 10-year yield at 4.60%.
Last night, a Japanese agency warned of a tsunami, although they called it off this morning. It is still unclear if they were talking about GOOG and the U.S. stock market...
In other news and notes:
- ILMN technology selected by Johns Hopkins Univ.
- TYC beats estimates; stock up
- 8.1 magintued earthquake hits north of Japan
- GME profiled in IBD
- Credit Suisse puts $600 tgt on GOOG
- HAL delays KNR IPO due to British security concerns
- NY State Empire Index 26.7 vs. 14.0 consensus
- DAKT beats EPS, raises guidance; stock gaps higher
- CPA beats earnings; stock up
- US Air makes a bid for Delta
- JCI expects another record year in 2007
long GOOG, ILMN