Tuesday, December 05, 2006

More Data On Investor Sentiment

In the past, I have posted that I like to track the bull/bear spread in the investor sentiment surveys. Birinyi Associates has a relatively new (weekly) sentiment poll that it conducts from the "top investment bloggers".

I recently went back and added this data to my spreadsheet since the inception of the poll, which was July 2006. I was expecting to see that blogger sentiment was more bearish during the summer swoon, and has become less so more recently.

In fact, I found the opposite has occurred.
  • The bull/bear spread at inception in July was -2% (29% bulls, 31% bears).
  • It has now moved to -19% (24% bulls, 43% bears), the most bearish reading since the poll began.

Just one more anecdotal piece of sentiment data that points to the 'wall of worry' still firmly in place.

2 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Jordan,

Great call on URBN !!!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

Thanks, Michael!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home