Monday Morning Musings
Get ready for a busy week on the news front. The FOMC meets this week, and will release its statement on Wednesday. We will also get a glimpse of Q4 GDP that day. Core PCE prices come out on Thursday, and Friday will be the always important employment report.
Not to mention another busy week of earnings releases. So far this morning, stocks are mixed. Oil is down slightly, and so is the yield on the 10-year Note (4.87%).
There was no economic news this morning, and hopes for a near-term rate cut by the Fed are being pushed out as recent data points to an economy that may be gaining strength, as opposed to losing steam as many had been predicting.
In other news and notes:
- MAT beats by 9 cents
- ATHR enters bluetooth market
- ATRS being bought by SYMC for $33
- SYY reports in-line earnings
- TSO beats earnings by 40 cents
- BOW and ABY to merge
- GOOG tgt raised to $550 at Oppenheimer
- KSS upgraded to Buy at AG Edwards ($86 tgt)
- GYMB announces $50M buyback
- CSCO estimates raised at RBC
- AAPL target raised to $135 at Needham
- NFLX downgraded to SELL at Roth
long AAPL, GOOG