Thursday, May 10, 2007

Have Buyers Changed Their View of Whole Foods Market?

Where do you shop for natural or organic foods?

Whole Foods

Wild Oats

Trader Joes

Erewhon

Regular grocery store

pollcode.com free polls

Whole Foods (WFMI) reported weak earnings last night. The CEO made a comment that the company's products are no longer as differentiated as they used to be, implying the competition has caught up.

This makes it tough for the company to continue charging premium pricing for its products. I still shop at WFMI, as I like the offerings they have. My local Ralph's doesn't have a big organic section. But I'm curious, if you buy organic/natural foods regularly, where do you shop?

thx

4 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Jim Tolley said...

How do you vote for two? Our family shops at both Whole Foods and Trader Joes.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

just vote twice!

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would put my money on Trader Joes--From what i've seen they have a very grass-roots type following. Very loyal customer base. What do you think of Trader Joes position in the market as compared to Whole Foods?

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

I think TJ's is def. gaining momentum as fast as WFMI is losing it. They used to be more specialty items, but their product offerings have improved a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home