Monday, June 11, 2007

Sopranos: Worst Finale Ever?

I read a review today that praised the finale of The Sopranos. Huh? The journalist said that writer and director David Chase stayed true to his vision, and didn't shoot the bloodbath-type ending many expected.

He may have stayed true to his vision, but the show was just plain boring. I think the last 3 or 4 episodes were equally as boring. What does this guy have against giving viewers what they want to see? The reason why many viewers turned on the show in the first place is that Americans have a fascination with the Mafia.

I will admit that what made the show unique was that it tried to humanize these charactes by showing their real lives. But Tony's suffering and trying to come to grips with the "human condition" seemed to take up too much of the show, imo.

I love almost any Mafia show, but this one got to the point that it was barely interesting. If it wasn't for the fact that this was the last season ever, I may have simply stopped tuning in every week. So say what you want about the writer/director, I think he did a poor job in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home