Friday, June 15, 2007

Trade Update - Akamai


One of my recent trades, Akamai Tech (AKAM), has started to have a nice move in the last several days.
I am not ready to get out yet, but I think I may hedge a little of my long expsoure as the stock nears some resistance.
The stock is approaching its overhead 200-day average, which could act as resistance the first time it is tested. Also, a look at the stochastics on the chart shows that the stock is also well into overbought territory as it approaches said resistance level.
As such, I am going to decrease my long exposure slightly, with the expectation that AKAM pulls back a little before ultimately getting through these resistance levels and back into the $50s.
long AKAM

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Zach said...

you can also see that the volume has not been very stellar since Monday even thought the stock has moved another 4-5%. Seems to me the hedging is the best strategy but congrats on the profit so far

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

i think so. but I likely won't keep this hedge on for long. i think growth stocks are gaining attention--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home