Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Mutual Fund Monthly

In addition to stocks, I also follow a few dozen mutual funds. We use funds in our client accounts, and I also use them in my family's IRA accounts.

Looking at my watchlist at the end of 2Q, here are the top and bottom five funds:
  • Top 5
  1. Ivy Asset Strategy: +15.6%
  2. CGM Focus Fund: +15.3%
  3. Driehaus Emer Mkts.: +13.9%
  4. Baron Partners Fund: +9.8%
  5. Rainer Small/Mid: +9.1%
  • Bottom 5
  1. Marsico Focus Fund: -0.5%
  2. Vanguard Hi-Yield: +0.5%
  3. TRowe Euro&Med: +1.5%
  4. TRowe New Horiz: +1.8%
  5. Calamos Gr& Inc.: +2.3%

The standouts were small-cap, international, and energy-related funds. The biggest laggards were again large-cap growth. Many strategists have been calling for a "catch-up" period for large-cap stocks. They have been wrong for about 3 years, so I suspect this call will have its day in the sun at some point.

long all funds mentioned

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home