Monday, August 07, 2006

Disaster Du Jour


Today's growth stock that reported in-line results but had its stock hammered is Hansen (HANS).

The company missed EPS by a penny and reported +83% revenue growth. For that, the stock gapped down on huge volume and closed down more than -25% for the day.

Obviously, this is a huge overreaction, but not surprising given what we have witnessed this earning season. And this is the reason why I use the word "brutal" to describe some of these reactions.

I don't know how long the healing process will be for some of these stocks, but HANS is quickly becoming a great value, and that much more attractive as an acquisition candidate.

1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

Congrats on your short. Wish I had been there.

I still contend that if you were long before the report, its hard to see why their earnings warranted an immediate 25% haircut.

But I have no position in the stock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home