Monday, April 30, 2007

ISE Gets A Bid

I was debating with a colleague last week whether ISE would get a buyout bid or not. So this morning when I came in and saw my position up +40% on the news, I was elated. There is no better feeling.

Asian markets were lower overnight, and our major indexes are down also. I would think we would see some consolidation after the recent gains. The S&P and Nasdaq are up +5.2% and +5.6%, respectively this month. It's nice to see that our bullish stance following the late Feb. correction paid off.

This morning's inflation report was good. The core PCE was flat, bringing the year/year rate down to 2.1%, withing the Fed's preferred range. Bonds rallied on the news, and the yield on the 10-year is down 5 basis points to 4.65%. Nice.

The poll I ran on the site showed an overwhelming response for more stock ideas. Actually, market updates were the lowest tally. So I will make changes going forward to the daily format to include more stock ideas and technical analysis. This will include more charts with comments, more stock screens, and more trade updates.

I still have my small AMZN short on, but the stock isn't pulling back yet. I am still on the fence between adding to it, or just closing it out.

long ISE; short AMZN

2 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Untiedshu said...

As Cramer and Rev Shark duke it out over UA over at RealMoney, I'm reminded how much I admire Under Armour and their ability to position themselves as the best product for the hardcore athlete. I like the stock long term, but I'd rather wait for a pullback to start a position. What do you think of DKS as a lower-risk, secondary play in the meantime?

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger J. Kahn said...

I think DKS needs a rest. Despite Cramer being on the bandwagon, I actually still like both UA and CROX. UA reports tomorrow morning, but the short interest and p/c in the stock is huge.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home