Thursday, May 03, 2007

Starbucks Reports Earnings After The Close


My colleague Doug Kass and I were debating the merits of Starbucks (SBUX) on the Street Insight website.

Doug has been short the stock, and has probably made good money since the stock peaked last October.

But I think that the bottom for the near-term is in. I believe the company is about to begin lapping easier comparisons, which will alleviate some of the recent margin pressure. I would be more worried about the stock if I thought growth was slowing, but it continues at a torrid pace.

I can think of few stocks with the combination of better management and a better growth outlook, especially international. If and when growth stocks at large come back into favor, SBUX stands to do well.


long sbux

1 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger Pfleeg said...

Thanks for featuring SBUX in your afternoon post. I'm with you - I see moderate upside from here after being beaten down for the past few months. It was a nice quarter from them considering costs pressures for the qtr. With the possibility of overseas expansion still in the mix this could be a nice ride from here. Cheers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home