Monday, April 30, 2007

Standout Stocks

My Stock of the Day is BE Aerospace (BEAV)

The stock gapped higher this morning after reporting better-than-expected earnings. The company has topped expectations for several quarters, so this wasn't a big surprise.

The aerospace cycle is in full force, with Boeing and several others reporting strong earnings as well. BEAV didn't just beat estimates, they raised forward guidance as well. Margins were strong, and the backlog increased once again. This makes for very good visibility at the company.

I have been bullish on BEAV for quite a while now, but I am not selling yet. I think the stock could pullback from overbought levels, but will ultimately continue higher as earnings growth continues at above-average rates.

Other stocks making notable moves on above-average volume include:

  • Rising Stocks

ISE, BEAV, ROCM, JSDA, SIMO, GROW, SPWR, DWSN, ANDE, DXPE

  • Falling Stocks

ORA, MTOX, WCG, OCR, MBLX, SIGM, WFR, IIVI, MOH

long BEAV, ISE, WFR

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger ssainthood said...

Hello,

I'm a recent college graduate (Rutgers '06) and a huge fan of your blog. I've been reading it daily for about 3 months. This site along with 24/7 Wall St. and WSJ have definitely helped with my development with stock analysis and picking. Just wondering if there is anything else I should be doing/reading/learning to make myself better. I immerse myself in the stuff, but always read about it instead of being ahead of the curve. Any suggestions?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home